Having trouble with livestream? Check this first:
- Refresh the webpage. A large majority of problems with can be fixed by simply refreshing the Church Online web page.
- Make sure your browser is up to date. Out-of-date browsers may be missing features needed to view the live stream.
What if I don’t see a video player?
If your video player did not load, make sure the service is currently happening. The dates and times of all our services are listed under the “Schedule” tab. If the video player appears but you do not see the livestream, make sure the video player has begun. Sometimes the video does not automatically start. You can start playing the video by clicking the play button in the center of the video player or at the bottom left.
What if the sound isn’t working?
If the video player is playing video but you don’t hear anything, you may need to take additional steps. Please try the following:
- Make sure the video player is not paused. Clicking the video player will pause and unpause the video.
- Make sure the video is not muted. Click the “Tap to Unmute” button in the bottom center of the video screen.
- Adjust the volume of the video player by moving the mouse over the video player and using the slider to increase or decrease the volume.
- Make sure your device’s volume is turned up. The video player may be functioning correctly but your device volume is too low or muted.
- Put in headphones. Particularly on older mobile devices, the speaker may not work with some audio sources. Headphones can get around this problem.
What if my video keeps skipping?
Video skips are usually caused by internet connectivity issues. Unfortunately, this issue is difficult to solve as your internet speed may be too slow or inconsistent to watch our livestream. Turning the quality down usually reduces the rate at which the video skips. You can adjust the video quality settings by moving your mouse over the video player and clicking on the gear icon and selecting a lower bit rate.
What if my video suddenly stops?
The livestream may suddenly stop if internet connectivity is lost. If you lose connectivity, you may be able to restore it by turning your device’s WiFi off and back on. Video may also stop because of technical difficulties at church. If this is the case, you will see a message from us in the Church Online chat letting you know we are working to fix the problem.
Is closed captioning available?
Closed captioning is not currently built into the Church Online Platform, but may be added in the future. Until then, we recommend opening this free Web Captioner tool in another browser window or on a separate device.