LET’S GO …
ABOVE & BEYOND
The “Above & Beyond” Gift Program offers members and friends of The Lutheran Church of St. Andrew the opportunity to provide special gifts for the mission of Christ through a Gift Registry that identifies needed items and funds to enhance ministry and operations which are beyond the regular budget. Gifts may be designated for specific items, or to use “where most needed.” Gifts can be given one-time or on an ongoing basis.
Above & Beyond 2021 Launch – Mitch Glazier, Chair
To select and donate “Above & Beyond gifts:
- Click HERE to browse and download the 2021 Gift Catalog.
- Click HERE to download the Gift Form.
- Click HERE to record and submit your gift ONLINE.
GIFTS may be given and recognized in celebration of a milestone of the church, or a significant life event such as a baptism, confirmation, birthday, wedding, anniversary, baptismal birthday, membership anniversary, etc. Gifts can be made in honor or memory of a person to support a ministry or part of the church special to them; to enhance a particular ministry that has touched your life; or to more personally connect with a ministry or item needed by the church.
GIFTS may given on an ongoing basis to help the church strengthen and grow the ministry over time.
GIFTS from the “Above & Beyond” Gift Registry may be purchased by using the a gift order form, or online at the secure giving site. Please specify “Above & Beyond” on checks, giving envelopes and electronic payments to ensure that your gift is credited appropriately.
EXAMPLES of gifts that were fulfilled and funded from last year’s Registry include:
- begin an engineering study for parking expansion.
- support significant growth in Amharic outreach and ministry initiatives including online Bible studies, music videos, and workshops for a variety of ages, interests and needs.
- support special needs of ministry partners including Bethania Kids Shalom Home, Orphan Grain Train, Lutheran Mission Society, Lutheran Social Services, Manna Food, EMEAN, C-4, A Wider Circle, Linkages to
Learning, Concordia-NY, Community Based Shelter, and more.
- expand craft ministry to fulfill special needs like mask and quilt making.
- purchase new cameras and equipment for virtual worship recording, and hardware and software for associated video and audio editing.
- make “rainy day” repairs to the fire suppression system and redo Commons tile; complete needed paint touch ups, security system upgrade, and fitness center maintenance.
- support music ministry through instrument tunings and maintenance to enable a benefit performance online; fund music recording for distribution and instruments for young people in need.
- offer support to Creative Spirits Ministry, Mental Health Ministry, Children’s Ministry, Senior Adults, Deaf Ministry … and so much more!