St. Andrew is now fully reopening! Praise God! As such, virtual worship as we knew it during the pandemic will no longer be released on Sunday mornings. Portions of Sunday worship including the sermon will recorded and posted to our website on Tuesdays. We will resume distributing printed announcements with worship and also post them to the website weekly. Hope to see you soon you at church!
- St. Andrew is Open for In-Person Worship Sundays at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 am, and for a brief celebration of Holy Communion on Mondays at 5:30. In keeping with Montgomery County’s latest directive, there is no longer a capacity limitation or need to pre-register. Masks are not required, but are encouraged for anyone who feels so inclined.
- Donate Altar Flowers Online – purchase flowers or a lamp candle to adorn St. Andrew’s chancel and honor or remember a special person or occasion. Now, sign up and pay online at this LINK. Questions? Contact Debbie Snyder.
- Groups & Studies – A variety of groups have been meeting virtually, and plans to transition to in-person gatherings are in process for some. Contact the group leader for latest updates. See the full list and get connected HERE. Watch for new groups and studies, coming soon!
Call for Volunteers … fully reopening, and we need you!
- Worship Assistants – Whether you have served previously and are ready to return, or would like to try something new, let us know! To learn more or get on the schedule for this opportunity to serve God and our church family: Communion Assistants, Lectors, Greeters and Welcome Center Attendants, contact Karen Hughes. Ushers, contact Ken Austin.
- Children’s Ministry – Lots of helpers are needed to get the in-person ministry back on track! Paid childcare position, Sundays 8 am-12 noon. Volunteers for Kingdom Kids and Wee Worship, approximately one hour on Sundays, once a month. To learn more or express interest, contact Christy Hyder.
- Altar Guild – Join this team to assist in preparing communion elements and the altar for worship. Contact Shelly Harvell to learn more.
- Mental Health First Aid Training – June 16 or June 30 from 9:30-3:30. Join this FREE virtual training to help you recognize and assist someone in your life who may be developing a mental health issue or experiencing a mental health crisis. Learn how to reach out effectively with early support that will lead to treatment and/or crisis resolution. Get details and click to register for June 16 or June 30.
- Mental Health Matters – Click HERE to learn about resources and opportunities to connect for conversation and find support for your mental and physical well-being. Have concerns? Need resources? Contact Mental Health Ministry Chair Sheila Langston or Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson.
- Care Ministry – Do you need special prayer or a meal, ride, or other assistance related to a health or life concern? Or are you able to support others with cards, calls, prayers and more? Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families First …
- Childcare – is now available during all worship services for children up to age 5. The Cry Room is open as well for parents who need to take a “break” with little ones during worship.
- Kingdom Kids Sunday School at 9:30 for Pre-K through Grade 5 and Wee Worship during 11:00 service for ages 3-8 will resume on July 11. Mark your calendar to get back involved or give these great programs a try for the first time!
- Rocky Railway VBS – August 2-6. Registration is NOW OPEN! In-person learning and fun for ages 3 through Grade 5 in a COVID-safe environment! Helpers needed! Teens can earn SSL hours. Get details and register or volunteer HERE.
- St. Andrew Preschool is Enrolling NOW for Fall! Get details HERE or contact email@example.com for more information. Spaces are filling fast! Spread the word to neighbors and friends!
A Time to Give…
- Above & Beyond – The 2021 catalog includes a special focus on Amharic ministry and much more! Make a gift to support St. Andrew’s ministry and mission beyond regularly budgeted expenses. Learn more HERE.
- Online Shopping – Make your online purchases through Amazon Smile or IGive and specify Lutheran Church of St. Andrew as your charity of choice to earn funds for the church at no extra cost to you.
GIVE – Thanks to all who have been faithful in giving during our time apart from one another. Your tithes and offerings are crucially important to the ongoing work and many obligations of St. Andrew’s mission! Keep on giving in person, by mail (offering envelopes are mail-able!) or online at HERE.