We are happy and grateful to announce that, in keeping with Montgomery County’s plans to fully reopen this Friday, May 28, St. Andrew is taking significant steps toward fully reinstating in-person worship and ministry in the days ahead! Read on for details. To God be the glory!
In-Person Worship – Three services will continue on Sundays at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 am. There is no longer a limitation on capacity or the need for advance registration. Masks and safe distancing will NOT be required. However, we invite any and all, including children, to continue wearing masks as they feel so inclined. On May 30 we will receive Holy Communion using individual chalices while seated in pews, but we plan to return to our traditional, pre-COVID communion practice beginning June 6.
Monday Celebration of Holy Communion will still be served in St. Andrew’s sanctuary at 5:30 pm during the month of June or until further notice. Registration is no longer required. HOLIDAY NOTE: There will be NO Monday communion on Memorial Day, May 31.
Virtual Worship will be released as usual this Sunday, May 30. Going forward, portions of our in-person services, including sermons, will be recorded and made available on our website early in the following week. Livestreaming worship in the future is also an option we are exploring. Stay tuned for updates. Click anytime to view online worship and sermon archives.
Looking Ahead …
- Childcare will be available during all worship services beginning June 6. In the meantime, the Cry Room is open for parents who need to take a break during worship in a more “kid-friendly” space.
- Kingdom Kids Sunday School at 9:30 and Wee Worship during the 11:00 service will return on July 11.
- “Rocky Railway” VBS is scheduled in-person for the week of August 2-6. Registration is open and volunteers are needed! Get details, register and volunteer HERE.
- In Person Classes and Other Ministries will be gradually reinstated in the weeks ahead. Contact the ministry leader to learn about upcoming plans, which will vary depending on the nature and preferences of each group. Leaders, contact Greg Twombley to discuss options and needs for your ministry.
- Calling All Volunteers! Worship assistants, children’s ministry and altar guild helpers are all greatly needed as we reopen. Click HERE to express interest and your message will be directed to the appropriate staff or lay leader.
- Building Closure Next Week – The church and office will be closed on Monday, May 31 in observance of Memorial Day. The building will remain closed on Tuesday-Wednesday, June 1-2, as power must be shut off to facilitate replacement of the fire pump controller and a county inspection to follow. The phones may also be unavailable. Please email the office with any concerns or questions during that time.
We give thanks for this long-awaited opportunity to return to the spiritual life and fellowship we treasure so much. We pray for the Spirit’s guidance and protection on these next steps, and we hope to see many of you this Sunday, or very soon!