Click the arrow to watch, listen and worship.
Now, two options: Traditional Worship or Contemporary Praise.
SCROLL DOWN to watch either service and check the ANNOUNCEMENTS below to learn more about what’s happening around St. Andrew’s virtual community:
- St. Andrew is Open for In-Person Worship Sundays at 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 am, and for a brief celebration of Holy Communion on Mondays. Worship capacity is currently 150 per service. Registration is required until further notice and opens on Tuesdays for the week ahead. Get details and links HERE.
- It’s Confimation Day! Celebrate virtually with our 2021 confirmands and their families at 2:00 pm today (Sunday) – click HERE to watch the livestream.
- Common Ground Online – THIS Wednesday, May 26 – Two Perspectives on Racial Justice, sponsored by Bridge Builders. Learn and grow in faith and understanding as we hear from Politico Reporter Maya King about her experiences covering race and politics in today’s culture, and from Pastor Ken Carlson about his much earlier experiences “on the road to Montgomery, AL” during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. Get details and register HERE.
- Virtual Groups & Studies – A variety of groups are continuing to meet regularly for study and fellowship. See the full list and get connected HERE.
- St. Andrew Preschool is Enrolling NOW for Fall 2021! Get details HERE or contact email@example.com for more information. Spread the word to neighbors and friends!
Call for Volunteers … as we anticipate fully reopening, we need you!
- Children’s Ministry – Lots of helpers are needed to get the in-person ministry back on track! Paid childcare position, Sundays 8 am-12 noon. Volunteers for Kingdom Kids and Wee Worship, approximately one hour on Sundays, once a month. To learn more or express interest, contact Christy Hyder.
- Altar Guild – Join this team to assist in preparing communion elements and the altar for worship. Contact Shelly Harvell to learn more.
- Worship Assistants – Whether you have served previously, or would like to start now, we need you! To learn more about this opportunity to serve God and our community: communion assistants, lectors, greeters and welcome center attendants, contact Karen Hughes. Ushers contact Ken Austin.
- Mental Health First Aid Training – June 16 or June 30, 9:30-3:30. Join this FREE virtual training to help you identify and assist someone in your life who may be developing a mental health issue or experiencing a mental health crisis. Learn how to reach out effectively with early support that will lead to treatment and/or crisis resolution. Get details and click to register for June 16 or June 30.
- Vaccine Clinic – May 30 – Still know someone in need? Episcopal Church of Our Savior in Hillandale, Silver Spring is offering the Pfizer vaccine to all those age 12 and up on May 30 from 11-3. Call 301-439-5900 to make an appointment.
- May is Mental Health Month – Click HERE to learn about resources and opportunities to connect for conversation and find support for your mental and physical well-being. Have concerns? Need resources? Contact Mental Health Ministry Chair Sheila Langston or Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson.
- Care Ministry – Do you need special prayer or a meal, ride, or other assistance related to a health or life concern? Or are you able to support others with cards, calls, prayers and more? Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Time to Give…
- Above & Beyond – The 2021 catalog includes a special focus on Amharic ministry and much more! Make a gift to support St. Andrew’s ministry and mission beyond regularly budgeted expenses. Learn more HERE.
- Online Shopping – Make your online purchases through Amazon Smile or IGive and specify Lutheran Church of St. Andrew as your charity of choice to earn funds for the church at no extra cost to you.
Just for Families…
- ROCKY RAILWAY VBS – August 2-6. Registration is NOW OPEN! In-person learning and fun for ages 3 through Grade 5 in a COVID-safe environment! Helpers needed! Teens can earn SSL hours. Get details and register or volunteer HERE.
- Welcome Back, Families – The St. Andrew “Cry Room” is now open and worship services are broadcast in the Commons every week for those who need to watch or take a break in a more “kid friendly” environment during worship. Childcare will be offered beginning Sunday, June 6 during all worship services. Kingdom Kids Sunday School at 9:30 and Wee Worship during 11:00 services will resume on July 11. Stay tuned for details, coming soon!
- Worship Messages for Kids are available stand-alone to watch with the younger set. Kingdom Kids Sunday School and Children’s Choir continue virtually and all are welcome to join. Click HERE for details.
GIVE – Thanks to all who have been faithful in giving during our time apart from one another. Your tithes and offerings are crucially important to the ongoing work and many obligations of St. Andrew’s mission! Keep on giving by mail (offering envelopes are mail-able!) or online at HERE.