Click the arrow to watch, listen and worship.
Now, two options: Traditional Worship or Contemporary Praise.
SCROLL DOWN to watch either service and check the ANNOUNCEMENTS below to learn more about what’s happening around St. Andrew’s virtual community:
Make Advent More Meaningful …
- Advent Jazz Vespers “In the Crib” – Virtual Worship will be released online Wednesdays, December 9 and 16. As we come to the end of a year filled with conflicts, threats to our safety, and changes in our way of life, our mid-week Advent services will invite us to embrace the comfort and joy of “God with us” in the CRIB that includes our home, our church, and Bethlehem’s manger. Get details HERE.
- Silent Night Sing-A-Long – We Need You! Even though we can’t be together as usual this holiday, let’s ALL join our voices in song to praise the Newborn King! Submit your video to be included with our virtual candlelight rendition of “Silent Night” on Christmas Eve. It’s easy! Click HERE for instructions and details. Submission deadline is December 15. Questions? Contact Minister of Music, Ruth Heilman.
- Family Advent Kits – Bags full of activities and surprises have been prepared by our Children’s Ministry team to make this holy season more special for kids at home. To get one for your family, contact Robyn Howland.
- Advent Devotions – Christianity Today: Living Hope – In trying times, Christian hope holds steady, clinging to peace in the midst of chaos. To receive these devotions and learn more about the 9:30 Sunday Advent discussion group, contact Anne and Bill Harpster.
- Advent Prayers – Our Daily Bread: A Journey of Peace – Click HERE to get details and a link to this special series to prepare your heart for Christ’s coming.
Get Connected …
- Virtual Groups & Studies – A variety of groups are meeting regularly for study and fellowship. See the list and get connected HERE.
- In-Person Worship, Small Group Communion and Voting – cancelled this week due to staff COVID exposure and related precautions. Stay tuned or check the website for updates regarding next week’s in-person ministries. Virtual Worship will continue online.
Help Others …
- HoneyBaked Ham Fundraiser – Pick up your Christmas goodies curbside at church on Tuesday, December 22 and earn funds for St. Andrew. Get details and order HERE. Spread the word to neighbors and friends. All welcome!
- LWML Christmas Card Fund – though we can’t share greetings in the Commons this December, we can still join together to help Stepping Stones Shelter and InterFaith Works, two organizations working hard to serve our community in these challenging times. Click HERE for details and giving information.
- Online Shopping is in full swing for the holidays! Make your online purchases through Amazon Smile or IGive and specify Lutheran Church of St. Andrew as your charity of choice to earn funds for the church at no extra cost to you.
- Calendars, Cards, Notepads Needed – Donate your extras to help others. Bring them with you to worship or communion, or drop off during office hours, Mon-Fri from 10-3.
Just for Families …
- Kingdom Kids Sunday School and Children’s Choir continue virtually and all are welcome to join. Worship Messages for Kids are available stand-alone to watch with the younger set. Click HERE for all the details. See information about Family Advent Kits above.
- St. Andrew Preschool is open for in-person classes now. A virtual learning option for 3s and 4s is also being offered. A few spaces are still available. Get details HERE.
Take Good Care!
- Protect Your Health! Are you feeling stressed, sad, isolated? Not keeping to healthy habits as you hoped? Click HERE to learn about resources and opportunities to connect for conversation and find support for your physical and mental well-being online. Check back! New classes and seminars added regularly!
- Care Ministry – Do you need a mask, food, prayers, help with errands? Are you able to assist others with cards, calls, and more? Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIVE – Thanks to all who have been faithful in giving during our time apart from one another. Your tithes and offerings are crucially important to the ongoing work and many obligations of St. Andrew’s mission! Keep on giving by mail (offering envelopes are mail-able!) or online at HERE.