Click the arrow to watch, listen and worship.
Now, two options: Traditional Worship or Contemporary Praise.
SCROLL DOWN to watch either service and check the ANNOUNCEMENTS below to learn more about what’s happening around St. Andrew’s virtual community:
Advent: Season of Hope …
- Children’s Christmas Pageant – TODAY! This clever and heartwarming production is presented on video as part of virtual worship. Let the little children teach us!
- Silent Night Sing-A-Long – We Need You! Hurry! Submission deadline is December 15. Even though we can’t be together as usual this holiday, let’s ALL join our voices in song to praise the Newborn King! Submit your video to be included with our virtual candlelight rendition of “Silent Night” on Christmas Eve. It’s easy! Click HERE for instructions and details.Questions? Contact Minister of Music, Ruth Heilman.
- Advent Jazz Vespers “In the Crib” Virtual Worship – The final in this series of three will be released online Wednesday, December 16. As we come to the end of a year filled with conflicts, threats, and changes, these mid-week Advent services invite us to embrace the comfort and joy of “God with us” in the CRIB that includes our home, our church, and Bethlehem’s manger. Get details HERE. View previous weeks’ worship HERE.
- Beautify Our Chancel – Poinsettias have been ordered for Christmas worship. If you would like to help cover the cost, donate HERE or bring/send a check to church. Specify Flower Fund. Thanks!
- Family Advent Kits – Bags full of activities and surprises have been prepared by our Children’s Ministry team to make this holy season more special for kids at home. Just a few remain! To get one for your family, contact Robyn Howland.
- Advent Devotions – Christianity Today: Living Hope – In trying times, Christian hope holds steady, clinging to peace in the midst of chaos. To receive these devotions and learn more about the 9:30 Sunday Advent discussion group, contact Anne and Bill Harpster.
- Christmas Devotions: Peace & Promise – 10 days of Christmas-themed devotions from Our Daily Bread reflecting on the story of Jesus’ birth and the promise of eternal life He brings, December 16-25. Sign up HERE.
Get Connected …
- Reminder: In-Person Member Voting on 2021 Budget and BOD is open today and tomorrow, December 13-14. All households should have received a packet by mail that includes details and ballots. Questions? Call the office at 301-384-4394 or email Greg Twombley.
- In-Person Worship & Small Group Communion – Click HERE to get details and register for either option. Small group communion is held on Monday evenings and has moved indoors with safe distancing. For those not ready to return, Virtual Worship will continue online.
- Virtual Groups & Studies – A variety of groups are meeting regularly for study and fellowship. See the list and get connected HERE.
Season of Giving …
- HoneyBaked Ham Fundraiser – Pick up your Christmas goodies curbside at church on Tuesday, December 22 and earn funds for St. Andrew. Get details and order HERE. Spread the word to neighbors and friends. All welcome! Order deadline is December 20.
- LWML Christmas Card Fund – though we can’t share greetings in the Commons this December, we can still join together to help Stepping Stones Shelter and InterFaith Works, two organizations working hard to serve our community in these challenging times. Click HERE for details and giving information.
- Online Shopping is in full swing for the holidays! Make your online purchases through Amazon Smile or IGive and specify Lutheran Church of St. Andrew as your charity of choice to earn funds for the church at no extra cost to you.
- Calendars, Cards, Notepads Needed – Donate your extras to help others. Bring them with you to worship or communion, or drop off during office hours, Mon-Fri from 10-3.
Just for Families …
- Kingdom Kids Sunday School and Children’s Choir continue virtually and all are welcome to join. Worship Messages for Kids are available stand-alone to watch with the younger set. Click HERE for all the details.
- St. Andrew Preschool is open for in-person classes now. A virtual learning option for 3s and 4s is also being offered. A few spaces are still available. Get details HERE.
Take Good Care!
- Protect Your Health! Are you feeling stressed, sad, isolated? Not keeping to healthy habits as you hoped? Click HERE to learn about resources and opportunities to connect for conversation and find support for your physical and mental well-being. New classes and seminars added regularly!
- Care Ministry – Do you need a mask, food, prayers, help with errands? Are you able to assist others with cards, calls, and more? Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIVE – Thanks to all who have been faithful in giving during our time apart from one another. Your tithes and offerings are crucially important to the ongoing work and many obligations of St. Andrew’s mission! Keep on giving by mail (offering envelopes are mail-able!) or online at HERE.