Click the arrow to watch, listen and worship.
Now, two options: Traditional Worship or Contemporary Praise.
SCROLL DOWN to watch either service and check the ANNOUNCEMENTS below to learn more about what’s happening around St. Andrew’s virtual community:
The Season of Advent is Here …
- Advent Jazz Vespers “In the Crib” – Virtual Worship will be released online Wednesdays, December 2, 9, and 16. As we come to the end of a year filled with conflicts, threats to our safety, and changes in our way of life, our mid-week Advent services will invite us to embrace the comfort and joy of “God with us” in the CRIB that includes our home, our church, and Bethlehem’s manger. Get details HERE.
- Family Advent Kits – Bags full of activities and surprises have been prepared by our Children’s Ministry team to make this holy season more special for kids at home. To get one for your family, contact Robyn Howland.
- Advent Devotions – Christianity Today: Living Hope – In trying times, Christian hope holds steady, clinging to peace in the midst of chaos. This 28-day series of Advent devotions is available electronically. Anyone with interest is also invited to participate in an informal discussion group on the material Sundays at 9:30 am during December. To receive the devotions and learn more about the group, contact Anne and Bill Harpster at [email protected].
- Advent Prayers – Our Daily Bread: A Journey of Peace – click HERE to get details and a link to this special series to prepare your heart for Christ’s coming.
- Snowman Gift Drive – Hurry! Giving Deadline is THIS Friday, December 4. Details HERE.
Get Connected …
- Reminder: In-Person Member Voting on 2021 Budget and BOD candidates is scheduled for December 5-7 and December 12-14. All households should have received a packet by mail that includes details and ballots. Questions? Call the office at 301-384-4394 or email [email protected].
- Virtual Groups & Studies – New topics for Advent! A variety of groups are meeting regularly for study and fellowship. See the list and get connected HERE.
- In-Person Worship & Small Group Communion – Click HERE to get details and register for either option. Three in-person worship services are offered on Sundays at 8am, 9:30am and 11am. Small group communion is now held on Monday evenings indoors with masks and safe distancing. For those not ready to return in person, Virtual Worship will continue online.
Help Others …
- Snowman Gift Drive – Bring smiles to kids and families in need, especially in this challenging time. Monetary donations offer a safe alternative this year to help many children, but only with your support! Click HERE for details and please give generously to help! Giving deadline is December 4.
- Calendars, Cards, Notepads Needed – Donate your extras to help others. Bring them with you to worship or communion, or drop off during office hours, Mon-Fri from 10-3.
- Online Shopping is ramping up for the holidays! Make your online purchases through Amazon Smile or IGive and specify Lutheran Church of St. Andrew as your charity of choice to earn funds for the church at no extra cost to you!
Take Good Care!
- Protect Your Health! Are you feeling stressed, sad, isolated? Not keeping to healthy habits as you hoped? Click HERE to learn about resources and opportunities to connect for conversation and find support for your physical and mental well-being online. Check back! New classes and seminars added regularly!
- Care Ministry – Do you need a mask, food, prayers, help with errands? Are you able to assist others with cards, calls, and more? Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson at [email protected]
Just for Families …
- Kingdom Kids Sunday School and Children’s Choir both continue with the virtual fall season. Worship Messages for Kids are available stand-alone to watch with the younger set. Click HERE for all the details. See information about Family Advent Kits above.
- St. Andrew Preschool is open for in-person classes now. A virtual learning option for 3s and 4s is also being offered. A few spaces are still available! Get details HERE.
GIVE – Thanks to all who have been faithful in giving during our time apart from one another. Your tithes and offerings are crucially important to the ongoing work and many obligations of St. Andrew’s mission! Keep on giving by mail (offering envelopes are mail-able!) or online at HERE.