This has to be the most unusual Holy Week most of us have ever experienced. While we are missing friends and family in this time of “social distancing,” we pray fervently for those suffering and serving in these difficult days.
Despite the challenges, we know that God is at work in the midst of it all. The Spirit will surely keep us close as we make the journey with Christ to His sacrifice on the cross and beyond, to Easter victory!
VIRTUAL WORSHIP will be posted and shared this Holy Week for:
- Maundy Thursday, April 9 – we’ll remember the night Jesus washed the feet of His disciples and gave His commandment to love one another.
- Good Friday, April 10 – we’ll listen and ponder the Passion story as we journey with Christ to the cross.
- Easter Sunday, April 12 – we’ll joyfully celebrate the resurrection through a service of word and music, including a special message for children.
All virtual worship can be found online at this LINK. Please post and share to encourage and inspire family and friends at this challenging time.
VIRTUAL BIBLE STUDIES & GROUPS – Connecting across cyber-space thanks to dedicated leaders and technology tools like Zoom video-conferencing. You are invited …
- Light Yoga for Maundy Thursday, April 9 at 7:00 pm. Take the opportunity to stretch and grow in Christ on this holy night. To get on the list for a Zoom invitation, contact Kendra LoBosco at [email protected]
- Bible Study on Easter Sunday, April 12 at 9:00 am to explore the scripture readings for Easter. To get on the list for an electronic invitation, contact Ken Austin at [email protected].
- Prayer Meeting on Easter Sunday, April 12 at 9:30 am. To get on the list for a Zoom invitation to this informal gathering, contact Anne & Bill Harpster at [email protected].
- Men’s Morning Bible Study – Tuesdays at 7:00 am. All men are welcome. Discussing The Art of Forgiving by Lewis Smedes. Learn more HERE. To get on the list for a Zoom invitation, contact Jim Abeles at [email protected]
- New! Study for Women: The Quest by Beth Moore – Wednesdays at 10:00 am beginning April 15. Go on this 6-week journey to grow in intimacy with God. Learn more and order a book HERE. To get on the list for a Zoom invitation to join the group. contact Robyn at [email protected].
- New! Sunday Study: Hearing God by Dallas Willard, exploring how to develop a conversational relationship with God. Sundays at 9:30 am beginning April 19. Learn more HERE. To get on the list for a Zoom invitation, contact Anne & Bill Harpster at [email protected].
HONEYBAKED FUNDRAISER: Curb-Side Pickup, Last Chance! Order deadline is April 7. Order your holiday meal, or just some good stuff to keep you going through the week, and 10% of your purchase will be donated to our ministry at a time when it is much needed. Follow instructions to order and pay online at this LINK. Spread the word to neighbors and friends! Pickup will be on Maundy Thursday, April 9, from 4-6 pm at the main church entrance.
COMMUNITY CARING – God is at work in our care ministry, helping us to feed the hungry, provide masks to those in need, and support friends and neighbors in countless ways. If you need meals, groceries or assistance with transportation and/or essential errands, just ask! If you are healthy, at low-risk, and willing to help others in this way, we need you. And everyone is welcome to help through home prayer chains and sending cards to those who need encouragement. Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson at [email protected] for more information.
CRAFT & SEW – Thanks to those who have been busy sewing masks to help in this health crisis. Keep them coming! All artisans and crafters are encouraged to take this at-home opportunity to create special items for St. Andrew’s Holiday Fair in November. If you have the time and talent, we may have materials to support your creativity! Contact Sue Scherer at [email protected] for details.
THANKS & GIVING – Thanks to all those who have been faithful in giving during our time apart from one another. Your tithes and offerings are crucially important to the ongoing work and many obligations of St. Andrew’s mission! Keep on giving by mail (offering envelopes are mail-able!) or online at mystandrew.org/give.
OFFICE REMINDER – In keeping with Governor Hogan’s current executive order, the St. Andrew office must remain closed. However, your church family is still here for you! If you have questions or need assistance, we are only an email away. Messages are being monitored regularly and the appropriate person will respond as quickly as possible.
Click HERE to download this edition of E-News.