Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all His benefits, who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life and crowns you with love and compassion…
Isn’t a wonderful feeling to experience the joy and love of our faith community when we are in our church home, worshiping and serving God together? Visitors often comment that they sense the love of Christ among us. But what about those who can’t make it to worship, or who have no community of faith to call their own? Opportunities abound to take this love we experience out into the community through words of love, acts of service and more. Share your gifts and be part of the miracle!
- Volunteer to be part of our “Helping Hands” ministry as a driver, to help someone get to medical appointments or worship services. They will be eternally grateful!
- Join a Care Team to visit or bring communion regularly to a home-bound member. Build a relationship that will bless you both!
- Join the Altar Flower Delivery Team and drop off a bouquet of “joy” on Sunday afternoon (or at your convenience) to remind those who can’t attend that they aren’t forgotten.
- Enjoy cooking … or not? Join Helping Hands as a meal preparer, or as a deliverer of meals that others have prepared for those who are ill or in need.
- Pray … as part of home prayer chains, in your time and space.
- Join Card Ministry … to send greetings that will lift up or bring hope to those who need it. Greeting cards provided!
- Check out Creative Spirits Ministry, if you enjoy photography, framing, knitting, crocheting, pottery work, gardening, or other crafting – with a higher purpose. Share ideas, share stories, but create on your own time, in your favorite ways, for others.
- Stay fit and find fellowship! Join The Lord’s Truck team to help pick up or deliver donations of medical supplies/equipment, food and more. You’ll make friends along the way!
Contact Faith Community Nurse Marilee Tollefson to learn more, share ideas, or get help in any of these areas for yourself or someone you love.