Hello St. Andrew Family and Friends! Christmas is coming soon, and one of the beloved traditions of this special season is singing “Silent Night” by candlelight in worship on Christmas Eve. Even though we can’t be together as usual this year, thanks to technology we have a new way to come together in song!
You have probably seen virtual choral gatherings online since the COVID crisis began, including some with our St. Andrew choir in individual frames, joined in song from wherever they are. Like those, we are working on a virtual congregational video of Silent Night for Christmas Eve, and it wouldn’t be complete without you! It’s easy – watch the brief video below to see just how it’s done. Let’s fill the screen with the faces and voices of our beloved St. Andrew community!
VIDEO SUBMISSION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 15, 2020 – sorry, later submissions cannot be included.
Questions? Contact Ruth Heilman, St. Andrew’s Minister of Music at [email protected].
YOU CAN DO THIS!! Watch Ruth to see just how easy it is …
IMPORTANT LINKS – Please read the instructions and watch the tutorial video before you begin.
Sheet Music and Instructions: View/download HERE.
Background videos for practice, and for listening in your headphones while recording. Use melody/soprano, unless you have an affinity/preference for another part:
- Melody/Soprano: https://youtu.be/0OqDvpPfjn8
- Alto: https://youtu.be/KYZa8tjEgSQ
- Tenor: https://youtu.be/U7bdG-DuOqs
- Bass: https://youtu.be/H0dgwMT2dKE
DropBox File Request Link (where you submit your completed video): https://www.dropbox.com/request/RIKhYYjZq4kxVjrcrktN?oref=e
REMINDER: The Video Submission Deadline is DECEMBER 15, 2020. Sorry, later submissions cannot be included.
Need More Encouragement?
- You can do this! It may seem a bit daunting at first, but it’s easier than you think. Do it because we miss you, and we need you! It doesn’t have to be “perfect.” Voices are blended together, and it will sound great.
- Imagine us all together on Christmas Eve. The sanctuary is darkened, the candles are lit, the music begins, and we start to sing.
- Think of the true meaning of Christmas – Jesus, our Savior, born as a human, so that we can all live with Him eternally. Picture Jesus in the manger, and sing the song for Him.
- Think about NEXT Christmas Eve when, God-willing, we will all be together again, singing praises to the Newborn King.
- Enjoy the experience of doing something really special with the whole St. Andrew community, even when we can’t all be together in person.
Now, click HERE to open and/or download and print the instructions and sheet music – and let’s go!!